Tuesday, November 13, 2007

old me




Last night, Liam wouldn't or couldn't sleep.

So, I was awake with him for a couple hours.

As we were laying in bed, I had plenty of time to think. I thought about lots of things. Nights when I could sleep undisturbed by a baby. My boys. My friend, Annie, and her situation. My family, mainly Andrew and McKenzie. Christmas and shopping. My dream house. My dream body. My dream studio. Art. My old life...

My old life...that is a small statement. Yet, it is such a big piece of who I am.

I thought back to college mostly. What a fun time in my life. I didn't party, if that is what you are thinking. I thought back to days where all I did or had to do was simply make art. Man, did I ever have it made.

I didn't realize it then.

Then, it hit me. I do have a pretty nice life now. All I have to do is play with my boys all day. Sure there are dishes and laundry and dinner and baths...Someday, I will miss these things.

I am sure that I am not the only mom that misses being the "old me."

Something happens when you have kids. I am not just me anymore. I doubt I ever will be again. And I honestly don't know that I want to be just me again. I was rather selfish.

So, for today...I am going to enjoy the life that God has given me to live...really enjoy it.

Goodbye computer...Hello Crayola!

All the rest of you moms out there...go PLAY! These days will be gone before we know it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you sun- you are awesome. its nice to sneak inside that brain of yours and see what you are thinking

love sis