Friday, September 5, 2008

brought to tears.


A very sweet and thoughtful friend of mine sent me a delicate and fanciful bouquet of vibrant yellow daisies. I can't begin to explain how much this meant to me. Not the flowers themselves necessarily, although they are beautiful. But, the sincere thought and effort behind the gift. It meant so much to me just to know that someone was thinking about me. That sounds so selfish and vain when I actually type it out. The craziest thing about this gift, is that I so should be sending her flowers and lifting her spirits. It amazes me the way that the Lord uses people, in every state of their life, to encourage His children. Even if you feel like you are unable to give anymore or unable to be used by God, He uses us. Imperfect people. A friend, that is going through the roughest time in her life, is more concerned about me and my well-being, than her own. This has opened my eyes to how unbelievably self-absorbed I am. And has opened my eyes to what an incredible friend that I have, right under my little nose. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: