Friday, October 3, 2008

4:15 a.m.

4:15 a.m. That is what time the alarm went off yesterday. I think I fell asleep sometime after midnight. We had to leave the house by 5:00 to get to Home Hospital by 6:00 for Liam's surgery. It was a crazy 7 hour long day at the hospital. I couldn't sleep because I kept having dreams that Liam would find a sippy cup of water and drink it. He was not to have anything after midnight. He ate around 7 p.m. and it turned out that he wouldn't eat again until around noon the next day. Poor kiddo. The surgery went well. The only minimal problem that we had was in recovery. Liam had to have a couple breathing treatments because he was wheezing. The tube that was put down his throat had caused some irritation and swelling and he just needed to open up his airways. He is doing rather well today. He definitely just wants his mommy. So, I have been carrying him with me. But his incisions (one about 2 inches long on his pelvic area and another about a half of an inch on his "area") are in such a sensitive place that it is difficult to carry him comfortably for him. He is such a good little guy. Actually, I think I hear him waking up now. I better go get him. Just wanted to share...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mamaws poor little baby.

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

glad to hear things went well...i said a prayer for him.. miss ya!

Nicky said...

Praying for a quick recovery. Never have I ever seen a child look so much like his Mama!

smooch

Lisa said...

Sunny I guess I missed somewhere along the way about Liam.
What did he have to have surgery for?
Im glad it went well.
Poor little guy.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better today!