Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And actually I am thankful because it could be so much worse...

So, I am sitting here on the couch, where I have been all day long.
I have a toothache. I am getting my wisdom tooth extracted on Thursday. The pain is ummm.... intense.

So, I went to the dentist. They were able to get me in yesterday. I am so grateful. I do not have any insurance. The ladies at the reception desk weren't as friendly as they could have been. I paid in full. No problems. Why do grown women act so catty?

The dentist came into the room. I was trying not to cry and failing. It hurt. Bad. He took one look and scheduled me to get it out on Thursday. Then gave me a prescription for antibiotics and pain medication. The roof of my mouth on the left side is puffed out with infection. Disgusting. I can taste it. bleck.

I go home. I had been taking Extra Strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen like candy. I take some medicine and try to get some rest. The throbbing is piercing all the way up into my temple and causing my eyes to swell. Fun.

This morning...
Wake up. After a few hours of sleep. I help Justin get the boys dressed. Liam has a doctors appointment and Oliver needs a flu shot. My amazing husband is going to brave it alone with both boys in Lafayette. God Speed.

I flop around on the couch, unable to eat. Feeling sick. Justin calls. I have to hang up quickly so that I can go barf into the tiny bathroom trash can that already had a dirty diaper in it. That was awesome. Who doesn't love have puke splash back into your face, while you smell dirty diapers?!

I am alive. I am sweating like a beast. But at least I have the puking out of the way. I wait for more info from Justin.

Oliver cried for 20 seconds until he got a sucker after his shot. That is good. The boys are being good. I can relax.

Justin calls again. Liam only gained 2 ounces in 6 weeks. He has gained about 9 ounces in 4 months. Dr. Miller is concerned and wants blood work done to see why Liam was growing in the 90 percentile until he went in for his 15 month appointment. Now he is in the 50 percentile and not gaining. She wants a urine sample. This is all kind of scary. But I am trying to just keep my cool.

Anyway, Justin is in the doctor's office for an hour with both boys. Then he waits for an hour at the lab with both boys. 2 boys= total chaos. They were being really good though. Thank goodness. Then they finally call Liam's name. Then Oliver accidentally knocked Liam down and busted his nose and lip open. The lab lady decides that Liam needs to be seen by a nurse. Back to the doctor's office for another 20-30 minutes. Then back to the lab to wait in line, again.

All of this right around lunch time.

Things that will make Justin angry...
1. Sleepy
2. Hungry
3. Sore Feet
4. Headache
5. Hot

Did you see number 2? Yep.

So, they finally finish at the lab and Justin takes the boys through the drive-thru on the way home (90 minute drive.)

He comes home to me sprawled out on the couch. Useless.

Then he has to make dinner.
Give the kids a bath.
Clean up my puke in the trashcan.
Do the dishes.

All of this to say,

I need my husband more than I ever realized.
I love my husband more than he ever realized.
He is amazing. He is loyal. He is dependable. He is nurturing. He is a long list of marvelous adjectives...

But most of all.
He is mine.

4 comments:

Jean's Blessings said...

yea he really is wonderful...I tell NAthaniel all the time the things that justin does and he said that Justin is making the rest of them look bad! But you really are lucky!!!!

Anonymous said...

justin is the best thing i ever could have wished for you. i will love him always. the way he loves you can only make a mother smile.

Annie Shaw said...

Funny Jean---

My hubby says the same thing when I tell him about Justin. Somewhere after I finishing scolding him (bad wife.), I realize that his qualities that are different than Justin's are equally as great, and I love them just as much.

BUT--Justin is pretty good. lol.

Sara B. said...

I'M SO SORRY! I saw Justin and the boys waiting at the lab and as I walked away I thought I should have volunteered to keep Oliver while Liam had blood drawn, but then my desk got busy and I never got back around the corner to them. :( Poor guys!

Justin is a good catch, it's good you realize that. :) Hope everyone is better!