Friday, November 14, 2008

3 reasons to say thanks today.

1. To know Christ.

It was late one night in my painting studio. I was painting but mostly just crying. I can't remember what the problem was even about. My friend, Evie, was in the studio with me... And she just started talking with me. Asking me questions. Being a friend and loving me even though I was a wreck. Then she just asked me "why don't you just surrender?" And it finally happened for me. The Holy Spirit really opened my eyes and that night, I accepted Christ as my savior. Evie gave me a book, The Purpose Driven Life, and I started reading it. I never said anything to Justin. He noticed the book and after a few days, he wanted to read it also. And that is how it began.

2. To have a husband that I know that God hand picked for me.

Justin and I have been together for 10 years. Wow. That is crazy. Anyway, we have grown stronger everyday that we have been together. He knows me, everything about me. The way that my nostrils are different sizes and the way I like my hair played with. He is amazing and I cannot imagine a day without him. I am so thankful for a husband that loves and serves the same God that I do.

3. To be blessed with my 2 strapping young fellas.

I was watching ER last night. I couldn't fight the stinkin' tears. A mother lost her son, suddenly. It can happen. It does happen. And I pray that it doesn't happen to me. I am grateful for the way Liam pulls my shirt up when he is sleepy and rubs my belly and lays his head on my belly. I am grateful for the way Oliver says "my momma" when he wakes up as he is rubbing his eyes. I am grateful for the way I can't contain my smile as I watch the boys play together. There are more moments than I could ever write in a blog... it is endless and I am so thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome baby girl, i love you so mcuch!